Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue Becq, Trinity
Type of property
Country house with possible medieval origins, but much altered
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Therin: In 1941 Pierre Francis Marie Therin (1866- ), his daughter Emma Jane Sadot, née Therin (1897- ), her husband Frank Albert Sadot (1898- ) and their children Colin Alfred (1928- ), Nette Annick (1931- ) and Roger Frank Sadot (1933- ) were living here
- IGD MRS 1764 - For Jacques Grandin and Marie Richardson, who married in Trinity on 21 June 1741 
- DR EFB 1726 - Inscribed sundial recorded in 1985 and now disappeared. There are no marriage records matching the initials in this inscripton
Historic Environment Record entry
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to have possible medieval origins. It was refronted in 18th century.
The main significance is the early fabric of the building, the beams, joists and fireplace.
The architectural value has been compromised by the 20th century alterations both internally and externally. Originally two cottages.
Notes and references
- ↑ The stone is shown by HER as IGG MRS 1764 and attributed to Jacques Graham and Marie Richardson. It is not known how they came by this reading or the attribution